Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Oh happy day

Gloria Lee


I'm a very happy, eager and excited bird now. I just did what possibly is the most impulsive thing in my life (at least at this point I think so)...

I booked air tickets to London!!

Even though it's a low cost carrier (read: budget airline), it took me just over an hour to succumb to the one-way S$300 per pax price tag (inclusive airport taxes, fuel surcharge, meal add-on, additional check-in baggage surcharge and travel insurance)! Yes, it's a budget airline but still it's really cheap for a 17-hour flight.

After London, we can easily move on to explore other countries within Europe. It's going to be so much fun!

My travel partner's not nearly as thrilled because he's not one big on making plans so far ahead, especially now. The poor thing grudgingly agreed because he couldn't bear to dampen my excitement I think, and of course who could resist the cheap air tickets?

There are also other things to consider, such as the fact that I graduate at the end of this year and will probably be working by the time we're due to hop onto that plane next June. And it just occurred to me that because of this trip, I might miss my commencement ceremony. Oh no!

That said, I should start planning the itinerary. Anyone been to Europe and has good tips to share? I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. i came here, half expecting a blog post about how nice your sleep was. since you were in such a blogging frenzy. turns out i was wrong HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...