Thursday, 16 June 2011

Blood red moon

Google

Between the hours of 3.25 a.m. to 5 a.m. today, the moon was supposed to be visibly red (i.e. no need for telescopes). Apparently, this total lunar eclipse is rarely seen in Singapore.

I had read about it in the news, but only realized that today was the day when a friend reminded me at 4 a.m. So I stuck my head out the window. But the rain, and a lack of a clear view of the sky in the west meant that this visual treat was not to be for me.

One consolation though is that I did manage to catch it on the Google Doodle - the flagship banner on the Google homepage. Today, it doubled up as a screening of the lunar eclipse (see picture above). It was so cool dragging the slider to see the course the eclipse ran. The Google team is simply genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...