Sunday, 31 July 2011

Bags vs computers

bloglovin.com
One week ago today, I was sitting in a room full of luxury bag brands that included Prada, Fendi, Diane von Furstenberg, Miu Miu, Chanel, Chloe, Christian Louboutin and Jimmy Choos - among many others.

I was sorting them out - a part-time stint - but something many women would not even consider a job. It was rather fascinating having all of them literally at my fingertips. I admired some of them, but shuddered at most of them (wondering what would possess anyone in their right mind to buy something that looked so...weird - I was being kind). On hindsight, I suppose the latter reaction was rather funny, considering that I was turning up my rather small nose at bags that people would later pay through the nose for.

And by the end of the day, I was thoroughly sick of all of those bags. Some of my colleagues started a discussion during dinner about the bags. The consensus? A disbelieving "Omg women are crazy. I don't know why any sane person would spend so much on a bag when even part of the price tag could fund a super computer with a kickass graphics card and unbeatable motherboard." Right. Of course, by now, you know those colleagues were guys. Who else can simplify the world like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...