Friday, 1 July 2011

RSAF Open House 2011

Gloria Lee
Gloria Lee
Gloria Lee
Last month, I went on a rather impromptu outing to the Republic of Singapore Air Force Open House at Paya Lebar Air Base.

The static displays were awe-inspiring, but the aerial displays (which were carried through via a simulation of an enemy aircraft invasion) took the cake! Although the  explosions and puffs of smoke à la Hollywood were a little unconvincing and too theatrical for my taste, I admire the effort and thought that went into it.

For me, one of the highlights was the stunning parachuting demonstration by the Red Lions (see first picture above), which was definitely worthy of all the ooohs and ahhhhs from the audience.

When I was not scanning the skies for incoming aircraft and snapping shots with my iPhone, I was busy ogling the guy in front of me - or rather his professional looking DSLR kit (see third picture). All the while mourning the fact that I did not have my trusty Canon 40D with me.

Never mind, there's still next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...