Thursday, 28 July 2011

Spongebob squareface

Gloria Lee
The doc warned that the post op swelling would be the worst on the third day. But I didn't expect it to be this bad. My mom is appalled, my sister is smirking at me every chance she gets (wait till it's her turn!) and my boyfriend had to hurriedly swallow a laugh when he first saw the state of my face, but has wisely refrained from further comment since then.

I look absolutely hideous - the swelling has literally made one side of my face SQUARE. I had to slap a black and white filter over the photo to help you keep your last meal down. I have trouble smiling now (check out that painful excuse of a smile above), and I'm certainly not venturing a step out of the house when I look like this. The pain is nothing I can't handle but it's still uncomfortable. My mouth can't open very wide so I'm stuck with porridges and soups for meals. And I can't talk properly - all my words come out muffled.  So I'm a very grumpy bear.

From my google research, it appears that wisdom teeth are so named because they usually erupt in the late teen years, or "the age of wisdom". But this answer had me laughing for the first time in days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...