Saturday, 2 July 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon


Gloria Lee

Transformers: Dark of the Moon was beyond awesome. Lots of action + eye candy + humour = sure-win formula. Plus we had good seats - at the perfect distance away from the screen and right in the middle of the theatre.

Pitched from the arms of Megan Fox straight into those of Rosie-Huntington-Whitely, Shia LaBeouf is one lucky fellow. And we all thought this lead actress had big shoes to fill. On the hotness scale, Huntington-Whitely can more than hold her own, though I'm personally still more partial to Megan Fox. More attitude and spice, if you know what I mean. The appearance of Patrick Dempsey (or Derek Shepherd) was also a pleasant surprise. I remember turning to J and asking, "where's Meredith"? Hur.

And who can forget Bumblebee whose tongue-in-cheek humour made him my favourite character since the first Transfomers installment? Not a big fan of Chevrolet cars, but I couldn't resist Bumblebee. At one point, my heart nearly leapt out of my chest...(fine, no spoilers). 

If you haven't caught the movie yet, do aim to watch the 3D version. It's a little more expensive than the normal or digital versions, but the oomph you get from the special effects definitely make it worth the extra moolah. But for those who are short-sighted like me, do try to wear contact lenses instead of glasses. Throughout the entire movie, I was constantly trying to reposition the 3D glasses as they kept sliding down my nose bridge.

Next must-watch movie coming up...Harry Potter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...