Wednesday, 27 July 2011

When life throws you a curve

factsaboutyou.tumblr
Had a rather unexpected phone conversation with a former employer today - one in which I was thrown a major curve. In fact, it left me stunned, and more than a little angry and insulted. It utterly blindsided me - it was so groundless and baseless that all that went through my mind was "WTF?"

And after that little talk, they even had the temerity to ask me to help them out again. Despite the stormy mood I was in, I know I was very civil about it - much more than I needed to be under the circumstances, and my friends in the know concur. Thank god for friends who keep me sane. If the people over at that company have a conscience, they would feel guilty about the situation. Not that I'm keeping my hopes up for them of course.

Suffice it to say that on my own accord, I don't think I'll ever want to work for them, or with them again. At the risk of sounding cocky, it's not my loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...