Thursday, 18 August 2011

Wisdom toothless (Part II)

josevilson.com
I just surgically extracted my lower right wisdom tooth. This time, there were two others assisting the doc. I think they were interns, because my entire surgery seemed to be some sort of lesson for them. Through their conversation, I had a blow-by-blow account of exactly what was going on:

"This is an electrode with a *#$#$& tip, so it's easier to slice through the tissue to see the tooth underneath."

"If you can't see anything, it means I can't see anything. And tell me, can you see anything with all that blood everywhere? So spray now, what are you waiting for?!"

"Suction now - and stop blocking my hand! Don't wait for me to tell you to do stuff!"

"Now I'm going to cut the tooth into two. Pay attention."

Not exactly the best kind of commentary to have while you're having a massive headache from all the drilling going on inside your mouth. And this time, I could even feel the doc yanking the tooth out. It hurt bad. After the op, the doc asked me whether I wanted a jab since the swelling the previous time took so long to subside. I said okay, but then the answer was - "Oh, we've run out of the jab."

Definitely not one of the better days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...